Friday, June 8, 2007

Last Full Day in Moorea


Well-this was our last full day in Moorea. Tomorrow we get up, snorkel with the rays, hit the juice factory, then pack. We will head to Tahiti about 5PM, then board our flight for Los Angeles at 10 PM. If everything goes right we'll be in Cleveland ~10:30 P.M. on Sunday night. Tonight Louana cooked us a barbecue feast, and gave each us us a lei to take as a memento. Rough drafts of the research papers are due before the students go to bed-they will make it. I've had a great time, and I really think it's been a great learning experience for all involved.
-R. Londraville

I had so much fun in moorea... and i will definitely be coming back here sometime in my life. i have been on three of these trips for school and this one was definitely the most fun. all the people were great and i have made so many great memories. we all want to stay here! i will leave you with one quote:
"is that a crab... or is that a..."
-Laura Young-

I am definately not ready to leave Moorea. This has been the most incredible experience I`ve ever had. I`ve been telling everyone all week not to mention leaving because I will be so sad to come home. I hope we all keep in touch and if there are any skinks in Ohio you can bet that the "Lizard Group" will be out there trying to catch them. It won`t be the same without the amazing scenery, unbelievable stars and half naked Tahitian guys!! Can`t wait to come back...
-Sarah Young

Unfortunately our time here on Moorea has come to an end. I'm so incredibly sad to leave. Everyone in Tahiti is wonderful and you will never meet such nice people in your entire life. I would like to thank everyone that has been able to experience this breathtaking place with me. I especially would like to thank the fun, hardworking professors for making this trip possible. I think anyone who would love adventure and an intellectual experience at the same time should look into taking this class;
- Shawna Koch

This has been my first time out of the country and it has also been the best experience of my life. Every person on this island is so friendly! I think I have overcome the bugs! I do not want to leave yet and would consider to do further studies here. It has been the experience of a lifetime and I know I will be talking about this years to come. The professors and my classmates have treated me like family. The "lizard group" is hilarious and are insane lizard hunters! I will come back here again and I have no doubt in my mind! I can't wait until the next class!
-Heather Bickimer-

Dear Mom & Dad,
It's amazing here & I've been having so much fun so...I'm refunding my ticket. Hope you'll come visit-if not feel free to send care packages-just kidding! Seriously though, the time I've spent here is unmatched by any of my other travels. I cannot say enough good things about Moorea, the people, my fellow students, or the professors who have worked so diligently to make this the experience of a lifetime for all of us. With all of the laughs, smiles, blood, sweat, and hard work, I know we will all return home w/ memories that will last forever. I would recommend this trip to anyone and can say confidently that they will NOT be dissappointed. Thanks to everyone for such a great time!
"What it do?!"
-Brittany Heflin-

Well, the final bird count stands at 18; it surely was fun to find each one of them.
E. Wheland

I was afraid this day would come too soon. Moorea has expanded my imagination in a way i never thought possible. From eating the tahitian meals, catching lizards, watching Moorea and Criobe chase us in the truck, not knowing when Peter was joking or serious, swimming around the most beautiful coral I will ever be exposed to and hiking 1325ft. inbetween two beautiful summits it really was the experience of a lifetime. I have made alot of new friends that I hope to see more of and really got to know 3 wonderful professors. The people here are great, esp. our chef and her kids, they have such great spirits.
Im reall glad I took this opportunity. Thank you so much for everyone that made it happen.
Doni Doyle

Wow! There really too much to say, but I guess that I can manage to jot down a few notes. First of all, the beauty of this place is unlike anything that I have ever seen before. I am so glad that I took a chance and decided to come on this trip. It was as equally educational as it was fun. I learned a lot about the research process. I learned its ups and downs, like when one of your fishy test subjects decides he is too cool for water, covertly leaps out of his tank and begins making a run for it, only to meet an untimely demise. But we still managed to roll with it. This trip's recreational activities were fantastic! I loved every second of snorkeling, except for that charlie horse during our first trip out. Seeing exotic fish was one of my favorite parts of the trip: The Clearfin Turkeyfish, the Clownfish, the Moorish Idol, the Giant Moray...they were all amazing to see. Now a couple of obligatory shoutouts: Thanks Mom and Dad for the opportunity to come. I love you both! Jason and Sam, good luck with the new baby girl. Mallow (Kelly), I heart you so much! Thank you all for reading. GO CAVS!
-Sean Santangelo
P.S. Beware of sea cucumbers...they'll getcha!! HAHA!

For the last time: Publier le Message!

3 comments:

dee said...

The last day, well it had to come. It's bittersweet for all as I enjoyed reading your blogs and felt through you that I was with the "Adventurers" on this trip. I too hope each one of you get to return to the island and or take this class again. If I know Shawna, she's already planning to put her Vet. office in Tahiti. All of you sound so sincere in your last blog which made me proud and I'm only the mother of one you. I hope the best for all and continued success.

beverly said...

I sit here with tears in my eyes -sad to bid you ALL farewell as I looked forward each day to reading your journal, and joyfully await your return home so I can hear more about your trip firsthand. Your individual comments were heart-warming and as a grandparent I am doubly proud. I have shared your story with others and "grandpa Sonny" cannot stop smiling and bragging about you, Brittany, and great-grandpa says this whole group exhibits "such high standards". I agree. Have a safe trip home-H-O-M-E is Ohio in case you need one last directional reminder!

Jamie said...

Shawna we can't wait to have you home but you need to leave the bugs behind...I don't know that your mom can take it! Any way have a safe trip home. See ya Monday!!!